H.R. 2, the Repealing the Job-Killing Health Care Law Act, is a straight repeal of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) and all health care and tax provisions in the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010. A vote in favor of H.R. 2 is a vote for ending:
• The unconstitutional individual mandate;
• Burdensome taxes, regulations, and mandates on businesses;
• Unsustainable Medicare cuts used to pay for new entitlement programs;
• Funding for abortion and abortion coverage;
• Increased premiums with less flexibility and choices; and
• Unelected government bureaucrats getting between the doctors and patients.
H.R. 2 is the first step towards putting the American people, as opposed to the government, back in control of their personal health care choices. Republicans agree that we must increase health care quality, access, and affordability. That is why once Republicans repeal ObamaCare we will take up a replacement resolution, H.Res. 9, instructing the committees to develop legislation that will replace the budget-busting health care law with positive patient-centered solutions.
Attached is a list of outside groups (compiled to date) that are scoring a YES vote or supporting the bill.