Monday, December 19th
MONDAY, DECEMBER 19TH
On Monday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for legislative business.
First votes expected: 6:30 p.m. Last votes expected: ???
One Minute Speeches (15 per side)
Legislation Considered Under Suspension of the Rules:
1) H.Res. 497 – To provide for the placement of a statue or bust of Sir Winston Churchill in the United States Capitol (Sponsored by Rep. John Boehner / House Administration Committee)
2) Senate Amendment to H.R. 2056 – To instruct the Inspector General of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation to study the impact of insured depository institution failures, and for other purposes (Sponsored by Rep. Lynn Westmoreland / Financial Services Committee)
3) Senate Amendment to H.R. 1801 – Risk-Based Security Screening for Members of the Armed Forces Act (Sponsored by Rep. Chip Cravaack / Homeland Security Committee)
4) Senate Amendment to H.R. 1059 – To protect the safety of judges by extending the authority of the Judicial Conference to redact sensitive information contained in their financial disclosure reports, and for other purposes (Sponsored by Rep. John Conyers / Judiciary Committee)
5) Senate Amendment to H.R. 515 – Belarus Democracy and Human Rights Act of 2011 (Sponsored by Rep. Chris Smith / Foreign Affairs Committee)
Motion to Concur in the Senate Amendment to H.R. 3630 – Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2011 (Sponsored by Rep. Dave Camp / Ways and Means Committee / Energy and Commerce Committee / Financial Services Committee / Foreign Affairs Committee / Transportation and Infrastructure Committee / Agriculture Committee / Oversight and Government Reform Committee / House Administration Committee / Budget Committee / Natural Resources Committee / Rules Committee / Permanent Select Intelligence Committee)
**Members are advised that additional votes related to H.R. 3630 are possible.**
Special Order Speeches