Monday, May 23rd
MONDAY, MAY 23RD
On Monday, the House will meet at 2:00 p.m. for legislative business.
Votes will be postponed until 6:30 p.m.
One Minute Speeches
Legislation Considered Under Suspension of the Rules:
1) H.R. 1407 – Veterans’ Compensation Cost-of-Living Adjustment Act of 2011(Sponsored by Rep. Jon Runyan / Veterans’ Affairs Committee)
2) H.R. 1627 – To amend title 38, United States Code, to provide for certain requirements for the placement of monuments in Arlington National Cemetery, and for other purposes (Sponsored by Rep. Jeff Miller / Veterans’ Affairs Committee)
3) H.R. 1383 – Restoring GI Bill Fairness Act of 2011, as amended (Sponsored by Rep. Jeff Miller / Veterans’ Affairs Committee)
4) H.R. 1657 – To amend title 38, United States Code, to revise the enforcement penalties for misrepresentation of a business concern as a small business concern owned and controlled by veterans or as a small business concern owned and controlled by service-disabled veterans (Sponsored by Rep. Marlin Stutzman / Veterans’ Affairs Committee)
5) H.R. 1893 – To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to extend the funding and expenditure authority of the Airport and Airway Trust Fund, to amend title 49, United States Code, to extend the airport improvement program, and for other purposes (Sponsored by Rep. John Mica / Transportation and Infrastructure Committee)
Special Order Speeches
COMMITTEE ACTIVITY OF THE DAY
Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Energy and Power Hearing on “The American Energy Initiative” (Monday, May 23rd at 3:00 p.m.)