Monday, October 24th
MONDAY, OCTOBER 24TH
On Monday, the House will meet at 2:00 p.m. for legislative business.
Votes will be postponed until 6:30 p.m.
One Minute Speeches
Legislation Considered Under Suspension of the Rules:
1) H.R. 441 – Kantishna Hills Renewable Energy Act of 2011 (Sponsored by Rep. Don Young / Natural Resources Committee)
2) H.R. 295 – To amend the Hydrographic Services Improvement Act of 1998 to authorize funds to acquire hydrographic data and provide hydrographic services specific to the Arctic for safe navigation, delineating the United States extended continental shelf, and the monitoring and description of coastal changes, as amended (Sponsored by Rep. Don Young / Natural Resources Committee)
3) H.R. 461 – South Utah Valley Electric Conveyance Act (Sponsored by Rep. Jason Chaffetz / Natural Resources Committee)
4) H.R. 320 – Distinguished Flying Cross National Memorial Act (Sponsored by Rep. Ken Calvert / Natural Resources Committee)
5) H.R. 818 – To direct the Secretary of the Interior to allow for prepayment of repayment contracts between the United States and the Uintah Water Conservancy District (Sponsored Rep. Jim Matheson / Natural Resources Committee)
6) H.R. 1160 – McKinney Lake National Fish Hatchery Conveyance Act, as amended (Sponsored by Rep. Larry Kissell / Natural Resources Committee)
7) H.R. 2594 – European Union Emissions Trading Scheme Prohibition Act of 2011 (Sponsored by Rep. John Mica / Transportation and Infrastructure Committee)
Special Order Speeches
COMMITTEE ACTIVITY OF THE DAY
Rules Committee Meeting on “H.R. 1904, Southeast Arizona Land Exchange and Conservation Act of 2011” (Monday, October 24th, 5:00 p.m.)