MONDAY, OCTOBER 3RD
On Monday, the House will meet at 2:00 p.m. for legislative business.
Votes will be postponed until 6:30 p.m.
One Minute Speeches
Legislation Considered Under Suspension of the Rules:
1) H.R. 686 – Utah National Guard Readiness Act (Sponsored by Rep. Rob Bishop / Natural Resources Committee)
2) H.R. 765 – Ski Area Recreational Opportunity Enhancement Act of 2011 (Sponsored by Rep. Rob Bishop / Natural Resources Committee)
3) H.R. 489 – To clarify the jurisdiction of the Secretary of the Interior with respect to the C.C. Cragin Dam and Reservoir, and for other purposes (Sponsored by Rep. Paul Gosar / Natural Resources Committee)
4) H.R. 473 – Help to Access Land for the Education of (HALE) Scouts Act
(Sponsored by Rep. Dan Boren / Natural Resources Committee)
5) H.R. 470 – Hoover Power Allocation Act of 2011, as amended(Sponsored Rep. Joseph Heck / Natural Resources Committee)
6) H.R. 670 – To convey certain submerged lands to the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands in order to give that territory the same benefits in its submerged lands as Guam, the Virgin Islands, and American Samoa have in their submerged lands (Sponsored by Del. Gregorio Sablan / Natural Resources Committee)
7) S.Con.Res. 29 – Authorizing the use of the rotunda of the United States Capitol for an event to present the Congressional Gold Medal, collectively, to Neil A. Armstrong, Edwin E. `Buzz’ Aldrin, Jr., Michael Collins, and John Herschel Glenn, Jr., in recognition of their significant contributions to society (Sponsored by Sen. Bill Nelson / House Administration Committee)
Special Order Speeches
COMMITTEE ACTIVITY OF THE DAY
Rules Committee Meeting on “H.R. 2250, the EPA Regulatory Relief Act of 2011, and H.R. 2681, Cement Sector Regulatory Relief Act of 2011” (Monday, October 3rd, 5:00 p.m.)