TUESDAY, JULY 17TH
On Tuesday, the House will meet at 12:00 p.m. for morning hour and 2:00 p.m. for legislative business.
Votes will be postponed until 6:30 p.m.
One Minute Speeches
Legislation Considered Under Suspension of the Rules:
1) S. 2039 – A bill to allow a State or local government to construct levees on certain properties otherwise designated as open space lands (Sponsored by Sen. John Hoeven / Transportation and Infrastructure Committee)
2) S. 1959 – Haqqani Network Terrorist Designation Act of 2011, as amended (Sponsored by Sen. Richard Burr / Judiciary Committee)
3) H.R. 6018 – To authorize appropriations for the Department of State for fiscal year 2013, and for other purposes, as amended (Sponsored by Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen / Foreign Affairs Committee)
4) S. 2165 – United States-Israel Enhanced Security Cooperation Act of 2012 (Sponsored by Sen. Barbara Boxer / Foreign Affairs Committee)
5) S. 2009 – Insular Areas Act of 2011 (Sponsored by Sen. Jeff Bingaman / Foreign Affairs Committee)
Special Order Speeches
COMMITTEE ACTIVITY OF THE DAY
Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Energy and Power Hearing on “The American Energy Initiative: A Focus on Federal Government Perspectives Regarding Alternative Fuels and Vehicles”
(Tuesday, July 17th, at 3:00 p.m.)