America is at a crossroads and House Republicans are committed to taking every possible step to spur job creation and get our economy back on track so that Americans can do what they do best: create, innovate and lead.
The pro-growth agenda detailed below builds on the GOP Pledge to America, our governing agenda focused on job creation and economic growth. It will address our economic challenges, foster innovation and investment, and help job creators without raising taxes on working families and small business owners.
Key Points of the Plan
Empower Small Business Owners and Reduce Regulatory Burdens:
- Require congressional review and approval of any government regulations that have a significant impact on the economy or burden small businesses.
- Audit existing and pending regulations to identify and address those that hinder economic growth.
Fix the Tax Code to Help Job Creators:
- Increase American competitiveness to spur investment and create more American jobs by streamlining the tax code and lowering the tax rate for businesses and individuals including small business owners to no more than 25%.
- Reform the tax code to allow American businesses to bring back their overseas profits without having to pay a tax penalty so they can invest in our economy and create American jobs.
Increase Competitiveness for American Manufacturers:
- Pass the three pending free trade agreements with Colombia, Panama, and South Korea to create up to 250,000 jobs.
- Continue to open new markets to American made products.
Encourage Entrepreneurship and Growth:
- Modernize our patent system to protect our nation’s innovators, discourage frivolous lawsuits, and expedite patent reviews.
- Re-Authorize and improve federal programs and approval processes to streamline development of new products. Remove barriers to building a first class workforce so that the United States can compete in the global marketplace and lead the way in technological development and growth.
Maximize Domestic Energy Production to Ensure an Energy Policy for the 21st Century:
- Promote lower energy prices through increased domestic production. Encourage all forms of energy production.
Pay Down America's Unsustainable Debt Burden and Start Living Within our Means:
- Build upon the House Republicans’ Budget by enacting significant spending cuts.