The House is not in session today.
The Leader's Weekly Schedule
WEEK OF FEBRUARY 8TH
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 8TH
On Monday, the House will meet at 2:00 p.m. in pro forma session. No votes are expected.
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 9TH
On Tuesday, the House will meet at 12:00 p.m. for morning hour and 2:00 p.m. for legislative business. Votes will be postponed until 6:30 p.m.
Legislation Considered Under Suspension of the Rules:
1) H.R. 3016 – Veterans Employment, Education, and Healthcare Improvement Act, as amended (Sponsored by Rep. Brad Wenstrup / Veterans’ Affairs Committee)
2) H.R. 3106 – Construction Reform Act of 2016, as amended (Sponsored by Rep. Jeff Miller / Veterans’ Affairs Committee)
3) H.R. 2360 – Career-Ready Student Veterans Act (Sponsored by Rep. Mark Takano / Veterans’ Affairs Committee)
4) H.R. 3262 – To provide for the conveyance of land of the Illiana Health Care System of the Department of Veterans Affairs in Danville, Illinois (Sponsored by Rep. John Shimkus / Veterans’ Affairs Committee)
5) H.R. 4056 – To Authorize the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to convey to the Florida Department of Veterans Affairs all right, title, and interest of the United States to the property known as “The Community Living Center” at the Lake Baldwin Veterans Affairs Outpatient Clinic, Orlando, Florida, as amended (Sponsored by Rep. John Mica / Veterans’ Affairs)
6) H.R. 677 – American Heroes COLA Act of 2015, as amended (Sponsored by Rep. Ralph Abraham / Veterans’ Affairs)
7) H.R. 4437 – To extend the deadline for the submittal of the final report required by the Commission on Care (Sponsored by Rep. Jeff Miller / Veterans’ Affairs)
8) H.R. 3234 – VA Medical Center Recovery Act, as amended (Sponsored by Rep. Martha Roby / Veterans’ Affairs Committee)
9) H.R. 2915 – Female Veteran Suicide Prevention Act (Sponsored by Rep. Julia Brownley / Veterans’ Affairs Committee)
10) H.R. 3036 – 9/11 Memorial Act (Sponsored by Rep. Tom MacArthur / Natural Resources Committee)
11) H.R. 890 – To correct the boundaries of the John H. Chafee Coastal Barrier Resources System Unit P16 (Sponsored by Rep. Curt Clawson / Natural Resources Committee)
12) H.R. 3894 – To amend title 10, United States Code, to require the prompt notification of State Child Protective Services by military and civilian personnel of the Department of Defense required by law to report suspected instances of child abuse and neglect (Sponsored by Rep. Tulsi Gabbard / Armed Services Committee)
13) H.R. 4470 – Safe Drinking Water Act Improved Compliance Awareness Act, as amended (Sponsored by Rep. Daniel Kildee / Energy and Commerce Committee)
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 10TH
On Wednesday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for morning hour and 12:00 p.m. for legislative business.
H.R. 3293 – Scientific Research in the National Interest Act (Subject to a Rule) (Sponsored by Rep. Lamar Smith / Science, Space, and Technology Committee)
Begin Consideration of H.R. 3442 – Debt Management and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 2015 (Subject to a Rule) (Sponsored by Rep. Kenny Marchant / Ways and Means Committee)
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 11TH AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On Thursday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for morning hour and 12:00 p.m. for legislative business.
On Friday, the House will meet at 9:00 a.m. for legislative business. Last votes expected no later than 3:00 p.m.
Complete Consideration of H.R. 3442 – Debt Management and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 2015 (Subject to a Rule) (Sponsored by Rep. Kenny Marchant / Ways and Means Committee)
H.R. 2017 – Common Sense Nutrition Disclosure Act of 2015 (Subject to a Rule) (Sponsored by Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers / Energy and Commerce Committee)
The 2016 calendar for the U.S. House of Representatives is now available.
This calendar ensures that “the People’s House” always remains in-touch with those back home. District work weeks provide an invaluable opportunity for Members to meet with and listen to constituents: working families, seniors, and veterans. Discussing ideas and concerns is a critical function of a responsive, representative democracy, and for this reason, our schedule will continue to provide Members considerable time for constituent services in their districts each month.
- Download One Pager PDF
- Download Full Calendar PDF
- Subscribe with Google Calendar
- Subscribe with Outlook Calendar
- Subscribe with Apple Calendar (Mac/iOS)