OFFICE OF CONGRESSMAN DAVID SCOTT (GA-13)
The Community Field Representative/Constituent Services Representative monitors and updates the Member and District Director on district and local issues. This position acts as a liaison to federal, district, and local agencies for the member and constituents and answers casework correspondence and verbal communications with constituents.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS REQUIRED:
· Acts as the representative for the Member within his or her area of responsibility including answering casework correspondence, meeting with constituents, verbal communications with constituents, and serving as a liaison with federal, district, and local agencies;
· Informs the Member and the District Director of all happenings in his or her assigned issue areas by keeping in regular contact with members of local government, community organizations, and interacting with constituents;
· Acts as a liaison to local, state and federal officials and other persons or groups to form effective relationships for the Member;
· Monitors scheduled district meetings for the Member with constituents;
· Prepares periodic reports for the District Director on pending cases and district activities in his or her assigned issue areas;
· Handles casework assignments;
· Assesses casework for problems requiring legislative action and makes recommendations to the District Director and Chief of Staff;
· Screens and refers cases, when appropriate, to other district offices;
· Trains and supervises Staff Assistants, including interns, to handle office matters such as logging incoming and outgoing correspondence, handling visitors, telephone calls, and computer operations;
· Logs in all incoming and outgoing mail and incoming telephone calls relating to casework;
· Continually screens active cases and acts as liaison with constituents to ensure that their cases are handled in a responsive manner;
· Maintains up-to-date files on all cases and categories of information of importance to the office;
· Meets attendance requirements as established by the office;
· Maintains a good working relationship with the Member, staff, and constituents;
· Accepts performance based criticism and directions;
· Works well under pressure and handles stress;
· Works a flexible schedule including long hours, nights and weekends; and
· Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
· Strong oral and written communication skills;
· Thorough knowledge of legislative process and of House organization and procedures;
· Thorough knowledge of local, state and federal agencies and departments;
· Knowledge of all issues and events in the district in which the Member is involved;
· Professional telephone matter;
· Temperament to communicate with a variety of personalities in a tactful, pleasant, and professional manner.
· Ability to perform the essential job functions above;
· Ability to work cooperatively and courteously with others;
· Temperament to communicate with a variety of personalities in a tactful, pleasant, and professional manner;
· Thoroughness and careful attention to detail;
· Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in fulfillment of casework responsibilities;
· Knowledge of office policies, practices, and procedures;
· Knowledge of office computer applications; and
· Proficiency in word processing.
· Field duties require work during regular office hours and some nights and weekends. Additionally, employee must be able to travel and hold a valid driver’s license. During the duration of the pandemic, will need to have internet access outside of the workplace for occasional outreach events.
· Employee must be able to work in a moderately noisy and crowded work environment without an expectation of privacy
The office is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of all identity groups to apply.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, writing samples, and professional references to GA13resumes@gmail.com with the “Field Rep/Constituent Services - [NAME]” in the subject line.