While the President claimed today "there has never been a president as tough on Russia as I have been,” that couldn’t be further from the truth. Here are just a handful ways that President Trump has been weak on Russia to get you started on your fact checks:
- Contradicting the Director of National Intelligence’s warning that Russia is a threat to our elections just now.
- Innumerable denials that Russia interfered in the 2016 election.
- Continuously attempting to undermine Special Counsel Mueller’s investigation of Russian interference.
- Insulting NATO allies and the EU, which is doing Putin’s bidding.
- Insulting Germany and allies at G7, which is also doing Putin’s bidding.
- Inviting Russia back into G7, despite no progress on their occupation of Ukraine.
- Failing to sanction anyone under CAATSA until Congress held the Administration’s feet to the fire.