Rep. Salud Carbajal (CA-24) seeks an experienced Communications Director for his Washington, DC office to plan and execute a proactive earned media and digital media constituent outreach strategy. This is a senior staff role requiring 2-3 years of previous Hill or political communications experience. This is not an entry level position.
- Develop and implement communications strategies for the office
- Build relationships with local/national reporters; know local TV media markets, radio stations, and newspapers; act as formal spokesperson for the Congressman
- Book and prepare member for interviews
- Write talking points, press releases, op-eds, speeches, and more
- Oversee digital communications outreach including e-newsletter, website, and social media accounts
- Manage and collaborate with the current press assistant/staff assistant
- Produce a weekly communications report for the Congressman and provide regular communications updates to staff
- Political savvy
- Creative/forward thinking
- Strong writing skills
- Detail oriented
- Able to meet tight deadlines
- Team player
- Sense of humor
- Flexible schedule
- Spanish fluency and California ties are a big plus
Candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, references, and two writing samples to CA24.Jobs@mail.house.gov. No phone calls or walk-ins, please.
The office is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, military status, age, marital status, or parental status.