South Florida Democrat seeks an experienced Communications Director to lead an active, bilingual press operation. The position will be based out of her Washington, DC office and will include occasional travel to the district. Candidates must have experience pitching and placing stories, op-eds, and letters to the editor in traditional and digital media.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- maintaining relationships with Florida, national, and international reporters;
- developing and implementing weekly and long-term strategic communications plans;
- briefing and preparing the Member for interviews;
- writing press releases, talking points, and speeches;
- collaborating with the legislative team on initiative roll-outs;
- and working with and managing the Digital Press Secretary to develop social media content.
- Previous Hill or government experience isn't required but a sharp creative mind and the ability to work on a fast-paced work environment is.
This is NOT an entry level position. Salary is commensurate with experience. Applicants with ties to Florida and Spanish proficiency are encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Communications Director” in the subject line, and should include a cover letter, resume, short writing sample (no more than 250 words), and long writing sample (between 500 and 750 words). This office is an equal opportunity employer; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, age, religion, disability, national origin, uniformed status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.