** Members are advised that on Tuesday, January 29, 2008, the House will consider the Economic Stimulus Package.
Today, votes will be postponed until 5:00 p.m. The House Floor will be cleared at approximately 5:30 p.m. to allow a security sweep of the House Chamber prior to the President’s State of the Union Address. The House will meet again at 8:35 p.m. in joint session with the Senate for the purpose of receiving a State of the Union Address from the President of the United States.
Suspensions (10 Bills):
1) H.R. 4240 - To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 10799 West Alameda Avenue in Lakewood, Colorado, as the “Felix Sparks Post Office Building” (Rep. Perlmutter - Oversight and Government Reform)
2) S. 2110 - To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 427 North Street in Taft, California, as the “Larry S. Pierce Post Office” (Sen. Feinstein / Rep. McCarthy (CA) - Oversight and Government Reform)
3) H.Res. 832 – Honoring the Texas Water Development Board on its selection as a recipient of the Environmental Protection Agency's 2007 Clean Water State Revolving Fund Performance and Innovation Award (Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson – Transportation and Infrastructure)
4) H.Res. 845 – Recognizing the 60th anniversary of Everglades National Park (Rep. Hastings (FL) – Transportation and Infrastructure)
5) H.R. 3712 – To designate the Federal building and United States courthouse located at 1716 Spielbusch Avenue in Toledo, Ohio, as the "James M. & Thomas W.L. Ashley Customs Building and United States Courthouse" (Rep. Kaptur – Transportation and Infrastructure)
6) H.R. 4140 – To designate the Port Angeles Federal Building in Port Angeles, Washington, as the "Richard B. Anderson Federal Building" (Rep. Dicks – Transportation and Infrastructure)
7) H.R. 3913 – To amend the International Center Act to authorize the lease or sublease of certain property described in such Act to an entity other than a foreign government or international organization if certain conditions are met (Rep. Ros-Lehtinen – Transportation and Infrastructure)
8) H.Res. 933 - Commending the Louisiana State University Tigers football team for winning the 2007 Bowl Championship Series national championship game (Rep. Baker – Education and Labor)
9) H.Res. 938 - Commending the West Virginia University Mountaineer football team for exemplifying the pride, determination, and spirit of the Mountain State and overcoming adversity with skill, commitment, and teamwork to win the 2008 Tostitos Fiesta Bowl (Rep. Mollohan – Education and Labor)
10) H.R. 5104 - To extend the Protect America Act of 2007 for 30 days (Reps. Conyers / Reyes – Judiciary / Intelligence)