The Office of Congressman Raja Krishnamoorthi seeks a full-time Director of Outreach and Constituent Services Liaison. The position is based in the Congressman’s Schaumburg office.
As the Director of Outreach and Constituent Services Liaison, you will work with senior staff to develop and maintain strategic relationships with relevant stakeholders, including in state and local government, related to issues of importance to the west and northwest Chicago suburbs that comprise the 8th Congressional District of Illinois. You will also provide direct assistance to constituents through casework and respond to requests for assistance that includes resolving issues through investigation, intervention, facilitation, and creative problem-solving. This position will be a liaison between constituents and government agencies or other organizations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Act as a liaison to local, state and federal officials and other groups to enhance effective relationships for the Congressman;
- Represent the Congressman at various meetings throughout the district;
- Prepare periodic reports and memoranda for the Congressman on pending district activities;
- Inform constituents about the Congressman’s activities via regular emails and newsletters;
- Plan regular outreach meetings between various stakeholder groups and the Congressman;
- Organize and execute events throughout the district, ranging from Vietnam Veterans Pinning Ceremonies to open houses;
- Maintain up-to-date files on all cases, events, groups, and categories of information of importance to the office;
- Perform staffing and advance duties for the Congressman;
- Attend meetings with and on behalf of the Congressman;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION (OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE):
- At least two years of experience in a similar role; strong academic credentials.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Thorough knowledge of local, state and federal agencies and departments;
- Temperament to communicate in a tactful, pleasant, and professional manner;
- Ability to work cooperatively and courteously with others;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Thoroughness and careful attention to detail;
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in fulfillment of responsibilities;
- Passion for public service;
- Capacity to work well under pressure and handles stress;
- Availability to work a flexible schedule including long hours, nights and weekends.
LEVEL OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
Ideal candidate would speak Spanish or Hindi
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a resume and cover letter to District Director at email@example.com