At approximately 4:55 - 5:00 p.m., the House will take the following votes on amendments to H.R. 1585 – Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2019:
- Jeffries Amendment – Requires that the materials distributed by various federal agencies as set out by the bill are made available in commonly encountered languages. Such materials include information about resources for and rights of survivors – 15 minutes
- Scanlon Amendment – Requires the GAO to report to Congress on legal assistance grants to serve victims of domestic violence, including an accounting of the amount saved, if any, on housing, medical, or employment programs – 2 minutes
- Waters Amendment – Creates a new purpose area to the grants to combat violent crimes on campuses, which allows grant funds to be used for the training of campus personnel in how to use victim-centered, trauma-informed interview techniques, informed by evidence based research on the neurobiology of trauma, when asking questions of a student or employee who reports to be a victim of sexual harassment, sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence or stalking – 2 minutes
- Wagner/Jackson Lee Amendment #10 – Ensures that the Creating Hope through Outreach, Options, Service, and Education for Children and Youth (CHOOSE Children and Youth) Program can continue to include programs that address sex trafficking – 2 minutes
- (IF REQUESTED) Meng/Kuster Amendment #16 – Directs the Department of Justice to establish an interagency working group to study existing Federal surveys and reporting programs on sexual violence, and to make recommendations on how to harmonize such efforts for improved coordination and data collection – 2 minutes
These are the last votes for the day
**Members are advised that following last votes, the House will continue consideration of amendments to H.R. 1585. Any recorded votes requested will be postponed until tomorrow. Members should be prepared to offer their amendment at the appropriate time today.
If you have any questions please contact: Shuwanza Goff, Ray Salazar, or Deborah Rowe at 5-3130.