The House is now taking the following votes on amendments to H.R. 2500 – National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2020:
- Blumenauer Amendment #32 – Requires an independent study on options to extend the life of the Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missiles and delaying the ground-based strategic deterrent program (GBSD). Prevents 10% of funds for the Secretary of Defense from being distributed until the study is submitted – 15 minutes
- Blumenauer Amendment #33 – Requires the Under Secretary for Nuclear Security to conduct a study on the unexpected cost increases for the W80-4 nuclear warhead life extension program and prevents $185 million from being obligated or expended until the study is completed – 2 minutes
- Frankel Amendment #34 – Prohibits funding for missiles noncompliant with the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty until the Secretary of Defense meets certain conditions – 2 minutes
- Lieu Amendment #44 – Prohibits funds from being obligated or expended at properties owned by the President or that bear his name (enumerated in the amendment). A waiver is made available if the President reimburses the Department of the Treasury for the amount associated with the expense – 2 minutes
- Raskin Amendment #45 – Prohibits military parades and exhibitions for political purposes – 2 minutes
These are the last votes for the day
Following votes, the House will continue consideration of amendments to H.R. 2500 – National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2020, beginning with Pappas Amendment #48 through Ocasio-Cortez Amendment #430. Any recorded votes requested will be postponed.
If you have any questions please contact: Shuwanza Goff, Ray Salazar, or Deborah Rowe at 5-3130.