Floor Update: Mar 7, 2019 - 4:50 pm
At approximately 5:00 p.m., the House will take the following vote on a bill under suspension of the Rules:
- H.Res. 183 – Condemning anti-Semitism as hateful expressions of intolerance that are contradictory to the values and aspirations that define the people of the United States and condemning anti-Muslim discrimination and bigotry against minorities as hateful expressions of intolerance that are contrary to the values and aspirations of the United States, as amended (Rep. Raskin/Rep. Richmond – Judiciary/Foreign Affairs) – VOTE YES – 15 minutes
- Raskin Amendment – Requires corporations make annual assessments of their shareholders’ preferences before making disbursements for political purposes – 2 minutes
- Cole Amendment – Maintains provision in current law that bars the executive branch from requiring government contractors to disclose political contributions – 2 minutes
- Pressley Amendment – Lowers the mandatory minimum voting age to age 16 in federal elections – 2 minutes
- Green (TN) Amendment #25 – Adds a sense of Congress that financial contributions to political and issue advocacy campaigns are protected political speech under the Constitution – 2 minutes
- Davidson Amendment #32 – Strikes the provision of the bill that allows the SEC to require public companies to disclose to their shareholders their political contributions – 2 minutes
- Davidson Amendment #33 – Strikes the provision of the bill that allows the IRS to clarify what constitutes permitted political activity by tax-exempt 501(c)(4) “social welfare” groups – 2 minutes
These are the last votes for the day
Following last votes, the House will continue debate on amendments to H.R. 1, beginning with Brindisi Amendment #54. Any recorded votes requested will be postponed until tomorrow.
If you have any questions please contact: Shuwanza Goff, Ray Salazar, or Deborah Rowe at 5-3130.