The Congressional LGBT Equality Caucus seeks a hardworking, initiative-taking, and detail-oriented Legislative Aide in the D.C. office. The ideal candidate will work both collaboratively and individually, possess excellent written and oral communication skills, have the ability to produce high quality work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines, and have an excellent understanding of Hill operations and LGBT policy. The candidate will possess a can-do attitude and be a self-starter. This is not an entry-level position. Legislative and policy experience required.
The LGBT Equality Caucus is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women, minorities, and LGBTQ+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply. The office is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, military status, age, marital status, or parental status.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist the Executive Director and Co-Chairs of the LGBT Equality Caucus with developing and supporting the Caucus’s legislative agenda and membership.
- Manage substantive policy portfolio, track LGBT legislative priorities, and conduct policy research and analysis.
- Collaborate, develop relationships, and regularly meet with external advocates and stakeholders to build support for Caucus priorities and increase Caucus influence.
- Draft communications products including social media posts and press releases. Provide Caucus Member offices with communications materials and resources including social media templates, graphics, and talking points.
- Regularly meet and communicate with Caucus Member offices to develop ideas for new legislation, develop buy-in on Caucus priorities, consult on legislative text, and update them on LGBT happenings.
- Help coordinate, plan, and execute Caucus events including briefings, press conferences, receptions, panels, Member meetings, and roundtables.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Deadline to apply is June 21. Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put LEGISLATIVE AIDE APPLICATION in the subject line. Phone calls and drop-ins not accepted.