The Office of U.S. Representative Pramila Jayapal (WA-07) seeks an experienced and well-organized Scheduler for the Representative’s Washington, D.C. office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing, coordinating, and managing all aspects of the Representative’s daily and long-term schedule in D.C. and in the district, as well as tracking, evaluating, and responding to all invitations and scheduling requests;
- Coordinating all travel for the Representative and her staff, filing travel receipts, and other logistical support tasks as required;
- Working closely with and supporting the Chief of Staff, Deputy Chief of Staff, District Director, and Communications Director to ensure smooth daily schedules and operations;
- Other special projects as required.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Passionate about public service and committed to progressive values;
- A hard worker with excellent attention to detail;
- Adept at juggling complex schedules, competing equities;
- Able to anticipate problems, seek solutions, and effectively communicate them to the Representative and her staff;
- Able to work long hours, including nights and weekends;
- Poised, patient, no-drama, and level-headed, with a sense of humor; and
- Eager to learn, grow, and thrive in a dynamic and high-paced environment.
This is not an entry-level position; 2-4 years of work experience are desired. Applicants with prior work experience as a Scheduler, as well as experience in fast-paced operational roles, are highly preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply. State and/or district ties are a plus.
Qualified candidates should include in their application: resume, cover letter, and references. Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Scheduler” in the subject line. No calls or drop-ins please.