On Wednesday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for Morning Hour debate and 12:00 p.m. for legislative business.
First votes expected: 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Last votes expected: 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
“One Minutes” (15 per side)
Suspensions (4 bills)
- H.R. 2430 – FDA Reauthorization Act of 2017, as amended (Rep. Walden – Energy and Commerce)
- H.R. 2664 – Enhancing Detection of Human Trafficking Act (Rep. Walberg – Education and the Workforce)
- H.R. 2480 – Empowering Law Enforcement to Fight Sex Trafficking Demand Act (Rep. Hartzler – Judiciary)
- H.R. 2200 – Frederick Douglass Trafficking Victims Prevention and Protection Reauthorization Act of 2017, as amended (Rep. Smith (NJ) – Foreign Affairs)
H.R. 23 – Gaining Responsibility on Water Act of 2017 (Rep. Valadao – Natural Resources) (Subject to a Rule)
The Rule provides for one hour general debate and makes in order the following amendments:
LaMalfa Amendment (10 minutes of debate)
Costa Amendment #2 (10 minutes of debate)
Costa Amendment #3 (10 minutes of debate)
Denham Amendment (10 minutes of debate)
DeSaulnier Amendment (10 minutes of debate)
Pearce/Torres Amendment (10 minutes of debate)
Begin Consideration of H.R. 2810 – National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2018 (Rep. Thornberry – Armed Services) (Subject to a Rule)
The Rule provides for one hour of general debate and makes in order 88 amendments, and allows for amendments to be offered en bloc. A full list of amendments can be found HERE.
**Members are advised that the House will complete general debate and begin consideration of amendments to H.R. 2810 tomorrow. Any recorded votes requested will be postponed.
Postponed Suspension (1 bill)
- H.R. 1492 – Medical Controlled Substances Transportation Act of 2017 (Rep. Sessions – Energy and Commerce)