July 9, 2015 “Make It In America: What’s Next?” Member Day Hearing
PANEL ONE: American Innovation Panel – 2 – 2:30 p.m.
- Rep. G. K. Butterfield (NC-01)
- Rep. Jared Polis (CO-02)
- Rep. Bill Foster (D-IL)
- Rep. Suzan DelBene (WA-01)
- Rep. Mark Takano (CA-41)
PANEL TWO: Skills Training for the Future Panel – 2 – 2:30 p.m.
- Rep. Brian Higgins (NY-26)
- Rep. Tim Walz (MN-01)
- Rep. Jim Himes (CT-04)
- Rep. Suzanne Bonamici (OR-01)
- Rep. Donald Norcross (NJ-01)
PANEL THREE: The Future of Manufacturing – 3 – 3:30 p.m.
- Rep. John Garamendi (CA-03)
- Rep. Cheri Bustos (IL-17)
- Rep. Elizabeth Esty (CT-05)
- Rep. Joe Kennedy (MA-04)
- Rep. Ann Kuster (NH-02)
- Rep. Debbie Dingell (MI-12)
PANEL FOUR: “Making It” Across the Economy – 3:30 – 4 p.m.
- Rep. Grace Napolitano (CA-32)
- Rep. Joe Courtney (CT-02)
- Rep. Gerry Connolly (VA-11)
- Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney (NY-18)
- Rep. Norma Torres (CA-32)
JULY 28, 2015 “MAKE IT IN AMERICA: WHAT’S NEXT?” OUTSIDE EXPERTS HEARING
PANEL ONE: The American Economy Today – 2 – 2:30 p.m.
- Amy Liu, Co-Director of the Metropolitan Policy Program & Senior Fellow, Brookings Institution – responding to our economic challenges
- E.J. Reedy, Director of Entrepreneurship Research, Kauffman Foundation – entrepreneurship
PANEL TWO: New Economic Sectors – 2:30 – 3 p.m.
- Dr. David Weil, Administrator of the Wage and Hour Division, Department of Labor – sharing economy
- Douglas Ellenoff, Partner, Ellenoff Grossman & Schole LLP – crowdfunding
PANEL THREE: Skills Training & Manufacturing – 3 – 3:30 p.m.
- Byron Auguste, Managing Director, Opportunity@Work, New America Foundation – skills training
- Jim Brett, President & CEO, New England Council – manufacturing
PANEL FOUR: Innovation Today – 3:30 – 4 p.m.
- Stephen Ezell, Vice President of Global Innovation Policy, Information Technology and Innovation Foundation (ITIF) – advanced technology manufacturing & Internet of Things
- Sonal Shah, Executive Director, Beeck Center for Social Impact & Innovation, Georgetown University – improving government technology
OCTOBER 28, 2015 “MAKE IT IN AMERICA: WHAT’S NEXT?” SECOND MEMBER DAY HEARING
PANEL ONE: Rebuilding America’s Promise
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez (IL-04)
- Rep. Bobby Scott (VA-03)
- Rep. Paul Tonko (NY-20)
- Rep. Dan Kildee (MI-05)
- Rep. Brendan Boyle (PA-13)
PANEL TWO: Making Government Work Better
PANEL THREE: American Innovation
- Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson (TX-30)
- Rep. Scott Peters (CA-52)
- Rep. Eric Swalwell (CA-15)
- Rep. Seth Moulton (MA-06)
PANEL FOUR: The Future of American Manufacturing & Skills Training
PART A – Manufacturing
PART B – Education and Skills Training