Press Assistant: The Press Assistant will report to the Deputy Press Secretary for daily and weekly assignments and the review of all work product. They will also work directly with the Digital Assistant or their designee(s) to ensure a smooth process and schedule for Members to use the Democratic Caucus Recording Studio. The Press Assistant will support the broader communications department as needed. In addition, the Press Assistant will be the primary liaison with the Operations Department and help coordinate cross-departmental requests.
- Managing the Press Internship Program in coordination with the office’s Intern Coordinator, including the selection process, the onboarding process and ensuring their day-to-day workflow is efficient, productive and rewarding;
- Writing preparation materials for the Chairman’s media hits, press conferences and interviews, for submission to the Deputy Press Secretary;
- Distributing comprehensive daily press clips in a timely manner, while providing real-time clips and transcripts for the Chairman’s television or radio interviews;
- Assisting the front office in channeling press, digital or communications requests received on the main Caucus line, cascading them to the appropriate staffer; and
- Designing and serving as logistical point person for all press dinners and events, in coordination with the Operations Department and other departments as needed.
- Other research as needed.
- Supporting the digital team and the deputy press secretary in setting up the weekly Caucus press conference;
- Ensuring a smooth experience for all Members who enter the office to use the recording studio, from greeting them in reception to staffing the studio to troubleshoot any issues during recordings;
- Curating the in-office experience for Members, including the creation of artwork and displays to showcase Caucus work, in coordination with the Digital Assistant;
This position meets the administrative exemption (under current OC regulation §H541.2). The House Democratic Caucus is an equal opportunity employer; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All qualified applicants, including women, people of color, veterans, and LGBTQIA individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please email a resume, cover letter, one writing sample and three professional references with phone numbers to DemCaucus.Jobs@mail.house.gov.