As our friends in the press get ready to cover Speaker Ryan’s town hall with millennials at Georgetown University this afternoon, your ever-helpful Whip press shop has put together a few questions you could ask the Speaker:
- Why would young people be drawn to conservatism when all they see is a Republican conference that can’t keep government open, pass a budget, or do anything else for the American people?
- If you can’t unify your conference around their own budget, how do you intend to unify them around this five-point agenda?
- After failing to pass a budget, address the debt crisis in Puerto Rico, or provide resources to respond to health emergencies like Zika, can you name one thing House Republicans have done to restore a #ConfidentAmerica?
- If you’re focused on promoting opportunity for young people, why have Republicans repeatedly failed to act on issues that matter most to young people, like college affordability?
- Will the five point agenda include specifics? For example, when you mention “patient-centered health care,” does that mean we’ll finally (after 60+ attempts to repeal the ACA) see a replacement bill?
We look forward to his response.