The Office of Congressman Tom Malinowski seeks a Staff Assistant for its Somerville District Office location. The Staff Assistant will act as the first point of contact for the front office. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Greet and provide direction to visitors
- Manage office inventory
- Oversee office internship program
- Field constituent phone calls
- Log incoming and outgoing correspondence
- Prepare congressional commendations and certificates
- Draft birthday greetings, thank you notes, and letters of congratulation from the Congressman
- Request and secure Presidential greetings, birthday cards, and letters of congratulation
Operations and Logistics
- Staff the Member in meetings and at public events
- Assist with event preparations
- Schedule Capitol Hill and White House tours
- Liaise with Congressman’s DC office staff
Good candidates will have an outgoing and positive demeanor, be natural problem solvers with meticulous attention to detail, can remain calm in high stakes situations, and work well as part of a team. Spanish or Hindi language skills are preferred but not required.
A standard work week is 40-50 hours depending on the congressional calendar. Evening and weekend availability is required. Applicants should have access to a vehicle, and a valid divers license. Salary range for this position is $32,000-$38,000 annually. Healthcare and retirement benefits provided with 15 days paid vacation and 7 days paid sick leave annually. Recent graduates are encouraged to apply. This is an entry level position.
This office is an equal opportunity employer and veterans, LGBTQ individuals, women, and diverse candidates are encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, writing sample and three references to email@example.com.