Representative Cheri Bustos (IL-17) seeks applications for a Scheduler in the Washington, DC Office.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Developing and managing the Member’s daily and long-term D.C. schedule;
- Significant travel logistics for domestic and international travel;
- Working efficiently with multiple Committee staffs and leadership offices;
- Ensuring the Member is provided briefing materials for each event and meeting; and
- Assisting with the Member’s personal correspondence.
This position works closely with the Chief of Staff to ensure smooth daily office operations, has additional administrative duties to help maintain office records, and includes other projects as assigned by the Member and/or Chief of Staff.
Ideal candidates will excel at balancing competing demands and be able to anticipate and quickly solve problems in a fast-paced work environment while maintaining excellent attention to detail, be comfortable dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders, possess a friendly and can-do attitude yet be appropriately discreet, demonstrate political acumen and have basic familiarity with the legislative process.
This is NOT an entry level position. Previous scheduling experience is preferred and ideally candidates should have previous Capitol Hill experience.
The Office is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment. Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Illinois17job@gmail.com with the subject line "IL17 Scheduler."