December 5, 2012
Today, the following letter was sent to all 3,100 resume bank applicants announcing significant updates, including new options to indicate military and volunteer service, LGBT identification, security clearance, and privacy for current staffers.
Dear Resume Bank Applicant,
We thank you for entering our resume bank, and want you to know that it is being used extensively and remains a top priority for us to promote, maintain, and update. We are excited to announce a number of new updates based on feedback received from applicants like you and from House Democratic offices. We strongly recommend that each of you re-submit updated resumes in order to take advantage of these new features.
The online resume bank that launched four weeks ago has been incredibly successful—3,100 resumes have been submitted and 1,600 House Democratic staffers have browsed the resumes on our intranet, 200 of whom have left personalized recommendations on individual applicants.
The following new features have just been launched:
- 1. The “Home state” dropdown has been changed to “States with connections, select up to three” so that applicants can identify with multiple states where, for example, they may have gone to college or previously worked for other Members.
- 2. New selections have been added for applicants to list service in the military, Peace Corps, AmeriCorps, Teach For America, and other similar service.
- 3. A new selection has been added for applicants to indicate if they have a federal security clearance, including the different levels, types, and whether it is active.
- 4. The optional “Ethnicity” selection has been changed to “Demographic Information” that includes gender and LBGT options in addition to the existing ethnicity choices.
- 5. A new box has been added to the bottom of the form: “Check here if you currently work for a House Democratic office and would like to hide your submission from all offices except Leadership and Freshmen offices.” Submissions posted with this box checked will be hidden from most Democratic staff – they will only be visible to staffers in Leadership and Freshmen offices.
All of you—the 3,100 individuals who are already in the bank—are invited to take advantage of these new features by submitting updated resumes. Updated submissions will over-write prior submissions with the same email address to avoid duplicates, while preserving any recommendations they may have already received.