Professional Staff Member (PSM), Subcommittee on Disability Assistance and Memorial Affairs (DAMA)
The DAMA Subcommittee (Majority Staff) seeks a PSM to assist with researching, analyzing and managing legislative and oversight issues related to veterans’ disability and burial benefits.
Qualified candidates will have strong research, writing, and communications skills with a demonstrated ability to constructively work on a team, generate ideas, and develop legislative and oversight projects independently. Ideally, candidates will have experience in Congressional process, policy making, and veteran programs.
Exceptional candidates will have a strong familiarity with any of the following:
- VA disability programs, including initial claims and appeals;
- Compensation & Pension Service, including legacy appeals and appeals modernization;
- Burial and memorial benefits;
- Knowledge of servicemember toxic exposures, including abroad and within the continental U.S.;
- Character of Discharge and Upgrade Issues;
- Congressional Committee process;
- Congressional oversight of federal programs
- CBO scoring.
The office is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, minorities, and LGBTQ candidates to apply. Veterans are also strongly encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should submit a resume and a writing sample of no more than three pages to email@example.com with “DAMA Professional Staff Member” in the subject line.