MONDAY, FEBRUARY 4, 2008, AND TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 5, 2008
The House is not in session.
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 6, 2008 AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On Wednesday, the House will meet at 2:00 p.m. for legislative business and votes will be postponed until 6:30 p.m. On Thursday and Friday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for legislative business.
Suspensions (11 Bills):
1) H.Con.Res. 273 – Recognizing the 50th Anniversary of the National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences (Rep. Bono – Oversight and Government Reform)
2) H.Res. 867 - Commending the Houston Dynamo soccer team for winning the 2007 Major League Soccer Cup (Rep. Gene Green – Oversight and Government Reform)
3) H.Res. 942 - Recognizing the significance of Black History Month (Rep. Al Green – Oversight and Government Reform)
4) H.Res. 931 - Expressing support for designation of February 17, 2008, as "Race Day in America" and highlighting the 50th running of the Daytona 500 (Rep. Feeney – Oversight and Government Reform)
5) H.Res. 943 - Remembering the space shuttle Challenger disaster and honoring its crew members, who lost their lives on January 28, 1986 (Rep. Hodes – Science and Technology)
6) H.Con.Res. 287 - Celebrating the 50th anniversary of the United States Explorer I satellite, the world's first scientific spacecraft, and the birth of the United States space exploration program (Rep. Mark Udall – Science and Technology)
7) H.Res. 907 - Congratulating the X PRIZE Foundation's leadership in inspiring a new generation of viable, super-efficient vehicles (Rep. Lungren – Science and Technology)
8) H.Res. 947 - Congratulating Lee Myung-Bak on his election to the Presidency of the Republic of Korea and wishing him well during his time of transition and his inauguration on February 25, 2008 (Rep. Royce - Foreign Affairs)
9) H.Con.Res. 283 - Calling for a peaceful resolution to the current electoral crisis in Kenya (Rep. Payne - Foreign Affairs)
10) H.R. 4848 - To extend for one year parity in the application of certain limits to mental health benefits, and for other purposes (Rep. Pallone – Energy and Commerce)
11) S. 781 - To extend the authority of the Federal Trade Commission to collect Do-Not-Call Registry fees to fiscal years after fiscal year 2007 (Sen. Pryor – Energy and Commerce)
H.R. 4137 - College Opportunity and Affordability Act (Rep. George Miller – Education and Labor) (Subject to a Rule)
* Conference Reports may be brought up at any time.
* Motions to go to Conference should they become available.
* Possible Motions to Instruct Conferees.