MONDAY, MARCH 8, 2010
On Monday, the House will not be in session.
TUESDAY, MARCH 9, 2010
On Tuesday, the House will meet at 12:30 p.m. for Morning Hour debate and 2:00 p.m. for legislative business with votes postponed until 6:30 p.m.
Suspensions (14 Bills)
1. H.Res. 1055 - Supporting the designation of National Robotics Week as an annual event (Rep. Doyle - Science and Technology)
2. H.Res. 1069 - Congratulating Willard S. Boyle and George E. Smith for being awarded the Nobel Prize in physics (Rep. Lance - Science and Technology)
3. H.Res. 935 - Honoring John E. Warnock, Charles M. Geschke, Forrest M. Bird, Esther Sans Takeuchi, and IBM Corporation for receiving the 2008 National Medal of Technology and Innovation (Rep. Lofgren - Science and Technology)
4. H.R. 3650 - Harmful Algal Blooms and Hypoxia Research and Control Amendments Act of 2009 (Rep. Baird - Science and Technology)
5. H.Res. 1032 - Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the United States should continue to assist the Mexican Government in fighting the drug cartels and curbing violence against Mexican and United States citizens, both in the United States and abroad (Rep. Chu - Foreign Affairs)
6. H.Res. 1088 - Recognizing the plight of people with albinism in East Africa and condemning their murder and mutilation (Rep. Connolly - Foreign Affairs)
7. H.Res. 1107 - Recognizing the 189th anniversary of the independence of Greece and celebrating Greek and American democracy. (Rep. Ros-Lehtinen - Foreign Affairs)
8. H.Res. 1036 - Recognizing the contributions of Korean Americans to the United States (Rep. Garrett - Oversight and Government Reform)
9. H.R. 4621 - Prevent Deceptive Census Look Alike Mailings Act (Rep. Maloney - Oversight and Government Reform)
10. H.R. 4547 - To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 119 Station Road in Cheyney, Pennsylvania, as the "Captain Luther H. Smith, U.S. Army Air Forces Post Office" (Rep. Sestak - Oversight and Government Reform)
11. H.R. 4624 - To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 125 Kerr Avenue in Rome City, Indiana, as the "SPC Nicholas Scott Hartge Post Office" (Rep. Souder - Oversight and Government Reform)
12. H.Res. 1091 - Expressing support for designation of the week of February 28 through March 7, 2010, as "School Social Work Week" (Rep. Kennedy - Education and Labor)
13. H.Res. 1047 - Commending The Ohio State University Buckeyes football team for its victory in the 2010 Rose Bowl (Rep. Kilroy - Education and Labor)
14. H.Res. 1142 - Congratulating Silver Lake College for 75 years of service as an undergraduate institution of higher education (Rep. Petri - Education and Labor)
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 10, 2010 AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On Wednesday and Thursday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for legislative business. On Friday, the House will meet at 9:00 a.m. for legislative business.
Suspensions (7 Bills)
1. H.R. 4573 - Debt Relief for Earthquake Recovery in Haiti Act of 2010 (Rep. Waters - Financial Services)
2. H.Res. 1087 - Honoring the life of John H. "Jack" Ruffin, Jr. (Rep. Barrow - Judiciary)
3. H.Res. 1115 - Expressing appreciation for the profound dedication and public service of Enrique "Kiki" Camarena on the 25th anniversary of his death (Rep. Hunter - Judiciary)
4. H.Con.Res. 249 - Commemorating the 45th anniversary of Bloody Sunday and the role that it played in ensuring the passage of the Voting Rights Act of 1965 (Rep. Lewis (GA) - Judiciary)
5. H.Res. 1081 - Supporting the goals and ideals of National Teen Dating Violence Awareness and Prevention Month (Rep. Lewis (GA) - Judiciary)
6. H.Res. 1061 - Honoring the heroic actions of Court Security Officer Stanley Cooper, Deputy United States Marshal Richard J. "Joe" Gardner, the law enforcement officers of the United States Marshals Service and Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, and the Court Security Officers in responding to the armed assault at the Lloyd D. George Federal Courthouse on January 4, 2010 (Rep. Titus - Judiciary)
7. H.R. __ - To accelerate the income tax benefits for charitable cash contributions for the relief of the victims of the earthquake in Chile, and to extend the period from which such contributions for the relief of the victims of the earthquake in Haiti may be accelerated (Rep. Levin - Ways and Means)
H.Con.Res. 248 - Afghanistan War Powers Resolution (Rep. Kucinich – Foreign Affairs) (Privileged Resolution) (Subject to a Rule)
H.Res. 1031 - Impeaching G. Thomas Porteous, Jr., judge of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana, for high crimes and misdemeanors (Rep. Conyers – Judiciary) (Privileged Resolution)
Further Action on Jobs Legislation
* Conference Reports may be brought up at any time.
* Motions to go to Conference should they become available.
* Possible Motions to Instruct Conferees.