MONDAY, MAY 5, 2008
The House will meet at 12:30 p.m. for morning hour debate and 2:00 p.m. for legislative business. Votes will be postponed until 6:30 p.m.
Suspensions (11 Bills):
1) H.R. 3658 - To amend the Foreign Service Act of 1980 to permit rest and recuperation travel to United States territories for members of the Foreign Service (Rep. Fortuno – Foreign Affairs)
2) H.Res. 1011 - Calling on the United States Government and the international community to promptly develop, fund, and implement a comprehensive regional strategy to protect civilians, facilitate humanitarian operations, contain and reduce violence, and contribute to conditions for sustainable peace and good governance in Chad, as well as in the wider region that includes the northern region of the Central African Republic and the Darfur region of Sudan (Rep. Wolf – Foreign Affairs)
3) H.Res. 1109 - Honoring the memory of Dith Pran by remembering his life's work and continuing to acknowledge and remember the victims of genocides that have taken place around the globe (Rep. Sires – Foreign Affairs)
4) H.Res. 1166 - Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives regarding provocative and dangerous statements and actions taken by the Government of the Russian Federation that undermine the territorial integrity of the Republic of Georgia (Rep. Wexler – Foreign Affairs)
5) H.Con.Res. 317 - Condemning the Burmese regime's undemocratic constitution and scheduled referendum (Rep. Holt – Foreign Affairs)
6) H.Res. 1091 - Honoring the life, achievements, and contributions of Charlton Heston and extending its deepest sympathies to the family of Charlton Heston for the loss of such a great generous man, husband, and father (Rep. Young (AK) – Oversight and Government Reform)
7) H.Res. 1113 - Celebrating the role of mothers in the United States and supporting the goals and ideals of Mother's Day (Rep. Fortenberry – Oversight and Government Reform)
8) H.Res. 952 - Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that there should be established a National Teacher Day to honor and celebrate teachers in the United States National Teacher Day (Rep. Ron Klein – Oversight and Government Reform)
9) S. 2929 - A bill to temporarily extend the programs under the Higher Education Act of 1965 (Sen. Kennedy – Education and Labor)
10) H.Res. 1168 - 11) H.Res. 1155 - Honoring the recipients of the El Dorado Promise scholarship (Rep. Ross – Education and Labor)
TUESDAY, MAY 6, 2008
The House will meet at 10:30 a.m. for morning hour debate and 12:00 p.m. for legislative business.
Motion to go to Conference on H.R. 4040 - The Consumer Product Safety Modernization Act of 2007 (Rep. Rush – Energy and Commerce) Motion to Instruct Conferees.
Suspensions (9 Bills):
1) H.Res. 1086 - Recognizing National Nurses Week on May 6 through May 12, 2008 (Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson (TX) – Energy and Commerce)
2) H.R. 4279 - Prioritizing Resources and Organization for Intellectual Property Act of 2007 (Rep. Conyers – Judiciary)
3) H.R. 1512 - To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to provide for compensation to States incarcerating undocumented aliens charged with a felony or two or more misdemeanors (Rep. Sanchez, Linda (CA) – Judiciary)
4) H.R. 5690 - To exempt the African National Congress from treatment as a terrorist organization (Rep. Berman – Judiciary)
5) H.R. 5512 - Coin Modernization and Taxpayer Savings Act of 2008 (Rep. Space – Financial Services)
6) H.R. 5614 - Original Saint-Gaudens Double Eagle Ultra-High Relief Bullion Coin Act (Rep. Castle – Financial Services)
7) H.R. 2894 - Star-Spangled Banner and War of 1812 Bicentennial Commemorative Coin Act (Rep. Ruppersberger – Financial Services)
8) H.R. 5872 - Boy Scouts of America Centennial Commemorative Coin Act (Rep. Sessions - Financial Services)
9) H.R. 5937 - To facilitate the preservation of certain affordable housing dwelling units (Rep. Towns – Financial Services)
Postponed Vote on Ryan (WI) Motion to Instruct Conferees on H.R. 2419 Food and Energy Security Act of 2007.
Postponed Vote on Kind Motion to Instruct Conferees on H.R. 2419 Food and Energy Security Act of 2007.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 7, 2008 AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On Wednesday and Thursday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for legislative business. On Friday, no votes are expected in the House.
H.R. 5818 – Neighborhood Stabilization Act of 2008 (Rep. Waters – Financial Services) (Subject to a Rule)
H.R. ___ - American Housing Rescue and Foreclosure Prevention Act of 2008 (Financial Services/ Ways and Means) (Subject to a Rule)
Possible Consideration of the Conference Report on H.R. 2419 - Food and Energy Security Act of 2007
* Conference Reports may be brought up at any time.
* Motions to go to Conference should they become available.
* Possible Motions to Instruct Conferees.