|First Vote Of The Week:||Last Vote Predicted:|
Tuesday 12:00 p.m.
Legislative Program – 51600 | Floor Information – 57400 | Whip Information – 53130
***MEMBERS ARE ADVISED THAT ANY EXPECTED ABSENCES SHOULD BE REPORTED TO THE WHIP’S OFFICE AT x5–3130.
MONDAY, JANUARY 2, 2017
On Monday, the House is not in session.
TUESDAY, JANUARY 3, 2017
On Tuesday, the 114th Congress will meet at 11:00 a.m. for legislative business and adjourn sine die. The House will convene for the start of the 115th Congress at 12:00 p.m. Members are advised that there will be a recorded quorum call at 12:00 p.m. following the Prayer and Pledge of Allegiance.
Election of the Speaker of the House
Swearing-in of Members and Delegates
H.Res. __ – Adopting Rules for the One Hundred Fifteenth Congress (Rep. McCarthy) (Subject to a Rule)
Suspensions (2 bills)
- H.R. – Ensuring VA Employee Accountability Act (Rep. Costello – Veterans' Affairs)
- H.R. – Biological Implant Tracking and Veteran Safety Act of 2017 (Rep. Roe – Veterans' Affairs)
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 4, 2017 AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On Wednesday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for Morning Hour debate and 12:00 p.m. for legislative business. On Thursday, the House will meet at 12:00 p.m. for legislative business. On Friday, the House will meet at 12:00 p.m. for legislative business.
Reading of the Constitution of the United States by Members of the House of Representatives (The reading will begin at approximately 10:00 a.m. on Thursday) (Rep. Goodlatte – Judiciary)
At 1:00 p.m. on Friday, the House will convene for the Joint Session of Congress to count the electoral ballots for the President and Vice-President of the United States. Members are advised that votes are possible during the Joint Session. Additional information regarding votes will be announced as soon as it becomes available.
Suspensions (6 bills)
- H.J.Res. – Approving the location of a memorial to commemorate and honor the members of the Armed Forces that served on active duty in support of Operation Desert Storm or Operation Desert Shield (Rep. Roe – Natural Resources)
- H.R. – Taxpayers Right-To-Know Act (Rep. Walberg – Oversight and Government Reform)
- H.R. – Presidential Library Donation Reform Act of 2017 (Rep. Duncan (TN) – Oversight and Government Reform)
- H.R. – Federal Advisory Committee Act Amendments of 2017 (Rep. Clay – Oversight and Government Reform)
- H.R. – GAO Access and Oversight Act of 2017 (Rep. Carter (GA) – Oversight and Government Reform)
- H.R. – Thoroughly Investigating Retaliation Against Whistleblowers Act (Rep. Blum – Oversight and Government Reform)
H.R. – Midnight Rules Relief Act of 2017 (Rep. Issa – Judiciary) (Subject to a Rule)
H.R. – Regulations from the Executive in Need of Scrutiny Act of 2017 (Rep. Collins (GA) – Judiciary) (Subject to a Rule)
Possible Consideration of a Resolution Relating to UN Security Council Resolution 2334 (Israel)