The Washington, D.C. office of Representative Sean Patrick Maloney (NY-18) is seeking a Press/Digital Fellow to assist with an aggressive and fast-paced communications operation to start as soon as the end of April 2021. This is not a traditional Hill internship. Applicants must have strong writing, editing, and digital communication skills. Ideal candidates are college students, recent graduates, or graduate students with prior experience working on the Hill, creating content, and writing under tight deadlines. Fellowship is paid and highly competitive. The ideal candidate will be available from late-April to mid-August. Minorities, women, and LGBTQ persons are strongly encouraged to apply. This job will be remote.
· Writing press releases
· Drafting daily social media content (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
· Maintaining the congressman’s website
· Helping plan and execute mass communications including newsletters and telephone town halls
· Designing graphics, video editing – experience with Adobe Suite is a plus, or willingness to learn quickly
· Compiling daily press clips
· Managing press lists
· Providing research for op-eds and press releases
Please email a resume, cover letter, writing sample, and 2-3 digital samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with “PRESS/DIGITAL FELLOWSHIP” in the subject line.