The Office of Congressman Joaquin Castro is seeking to immediately fill a full-time position for a Staff Assistant/Caseworker based in the District Office – San Antonio, Texas.
The staff assistant position will handle answering phones, greeting constituents and visitors, sorting incoming mail, writing correspondence, and assisting the District Office staff with additional tasks. The ideal candidate will possess strong communication skills, the ability to multitask, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will also coordinate flag and tour requests as well as other administrative duties. Additional responsibilities will involve assisting constituents of the 20th Congressional District of Texas to resolve issues with federal agencies, and connect constituents with state or local government contacts for non-federal issues. Successful candidates will be proactive and comfortable working with a diverse group of staff, community members, and constituents.
Skills and knowledge required:
- Ability to multi-task;
- Work a flexible schedule including long hours, nights, and weekends;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Professional telephone etiquette;
- Thoroughness and careful attention to detail;
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in fulfillment of casework responsibilities;
- Ability to use and troubleshoot photocopier, facsimile machine, telephone, and other office equipment;
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) applicants are encouraged
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Ms. Rose Ann Maldonado by email at Tx20resume@gmail.com , closing date will be June 18, 2021.