Ways and Means Committee and CBC Leadership Member seeks a Scheduler based in the DC Office to manage all aspects of the Member’s daily and long-term schedule in DC and the District. The Scheduler will work closely with the Member, Chief of Staff, and senior staff to build and execute the Member’s priorities. This is not an entry-level position.
· Evaluate and respond to all incoming meeting requests, invitations, and event proposals.
· Regularly brief the Member on his upcoming obligations and ensure he has complete background materials for all meetings and events.
· Arrange and coordinate travel for the Member and staff.
· Coordinate logistics for events and meetings across multiple time zones.
· Communicate key information regarding the schedule to staff and organize staff support for meetings and events.
· Work closely with the Member, Chief of Staff, and senior staff to ensure smooth office operations.
· Lead a weekly meeting with senior staff to coordinate staff support for upcoming events and meetings.
· Purchase office supplies and equipment and track office inventory.
· Track and process invoices in coordination with the Financial Administrator.
· Drive the Member to and from events during and outside of regular office hours. Vehicle ownership is required.
· Professional experience as a scheduler, senior-level executive assistant, or other project management-focused position in a demanding environment.
· The ability to anticipate challenges and proactively offer solutions.
· Exceptional organizational, problem solving, and communication skills.
· The ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
· A sense of humor and flexibility.
· The ability to work outside of traditional office hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
· Expertise with Office365, Microsoft Outlook, and other calendar applications.
· Nevada ties are a plus, but not required.
· Strong grasp of House Rules, the Member’s Congressional Handbook, the House Ethics Manual, and FEC regulations also a plus.
· Additional language skills to serve a diverse district are also a plus.
Qualified applicants should send their resume and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Scheduler – [FirstName LastName]” in the subject line. The office is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply. No phone calls or drop-ins, please. Deadline to apply is Monday, January 17.