The Office of Congressman Jamaal Bowman (NY-16) seeks a Director of Scheduling and Operations
The Office of Congressman Bowman seeks a highly motivated, organized and experienced Director of Scheduling and Operations to work out of the Washington, DC office. This role manages all aspects of the Member's daily and long-term schedule in DC and in the District, and office administration (including finances, travel, etc.).
This individual will work closely with the Member, Chief of Staff, DC and District staff. Qualified candidates will have strong communications and multi-tasking skills and will work well on a team. Lastly, individuals filling this role must have a vehicle and valid driver's license and insurance to drive the Member.
- Manage all aspects of the Member’s daily and long-term schedule; delegate some scheduling responsibilities to the EA/Scheduling Assistant.
-Work with the leadership team to ensure that district work periods are a high impact and strategic use of the Congressman's time - Responsible for making sure the Congressman is staffed and prepared for meetings and events--as such, this person will assign memos, briefings and talking points;
- Share Member driving driving responsibilities with the Executive Assistant and members of the DC team.
- Oversee office operations for the DC office and collaborate with the district operations manager to ensure the district team and office are well supplied
- Maintaining and implementing administrative office polices and operating procedures;
- Manage financial systems for the office including ensuring that staff are submitting reimbursements, systems and policies for spending and reimbursement are clear and that staff are submitting reimbursements in a timely fashion.
- Manage office software systems and ensure that all communication systems, project management systems and information centers are organized and have proper protocols in place for staff collaboration;
-Keep an accounting of the organizations technology and update, purchase and ask for repair of technology
- Onboard new DC and DO staff and fellows; manage a systems based onboarding system
- Plan, budget and coordinate bi-yearly staff retreats;
- Upkeeping of COVID protocols; shepherding visitors in DC
The salary for this position is $65,000-$75,000. Familiarity with the Westchester/Bronx region strongly preferred and/or prior Capitol Hill experience. Interested candidates should upload a resume and cover letter.
Our office is an equal opportunity employer and women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and members of other traditionally underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply. Underrepresented candidates and those with New York City/ Westchester County ties are encouraged to apply.
APPLICATION CLOSES JANUARY 15th, 2022.
**ALL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONFIDENTIAL UNTIL FINAL ROUND**
Apply at undefined