The Committee on House Administration seeks a Legislative Clerk. The Legislative Clerk supports the Committee by helping to prepare and execute the Committee’s official proceedings, including hearings and markups. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- assisting Committee staff with all aspects of preparation for Committee proceedings;
- distributing notices and invitations for Committee proceedings;
- serving as the reading Clerk during Committee meetings;
- maintaining the Committee library and managing certain Committee records;
- serving as the Committee’s archivist; and
- organizing Committee travel for field hearings.
Qualified candidates must have impeccable organizational skills, a willingness to be proactive and take initiative, excellent communication skills, and sound judgment. Hill experience and a familiarity with House rules and congressional Committee proceedings is strongly preferred. The ideal candidate must be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and be a good public speaker.
The Committee is committed to, and benefits from, a diverse staff, and candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
candidates should send their resume and cover letter to Resume.CHADEM@mail.house.gov
and include “Legislative Clerk” in the subject