The office of Congressman Tom Malinowski seeks a Communications/Digital Assistant to join their DC Office.
Communications responsibilities include:
- Drafting press releases
- Responding to constituent letters
- Creating informational graphics and handouts
- Assisting with event logistics
Digital responsibilities include:
- Maintaining office website
- Drafting weekly email newsletter
- Implement strategies to grow office’s opt-in email program
- Social media content creation and curation
- Social media monitoring and reporting
- Implement strategies to expand member’s social media reach
- Video clipping and editing
Ideal candidates will be excellent writers, with the ability to quickly generate creative and original content consistent with the Congressman’s priorities. Familiarity with Adobe Suite preferred.
This position is based in Washington DC, but applicants must be available for limited travel to the district as required. Starting salary for this position is $38,000. Diverse candidates, women, and LGBTQ persons are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please send a resume, short writing sample, and example of a graphic or social media post you have designed. Also include a cover letter analyzing the Congressman’s social media presence and make recommendations for expanding his reach. Send application package to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Communications/Digital Assistant.” No phone calls or walk-ins please.