Representative Jason Crow (CO-06) seeks a Digital Manager to develop and implement digital strategy, including social media, email, website, and franked communications. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic team of public-service professionals and serve the country during a critical time.
The position reports to the Communications Director. Candidates should submit a resume, 1-2 page writing sample, and digital portfolio with at least one photo and graphic each with the subject line “Digital Manager_LASTNAME” to: firstname.lastname@example.org by June 21, 2020. No phone calls, faxes or drop-ins.
- Drafting and sending online communications including Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Producing creative content, including graphics, videos, photos, and livestreams
- Building digital infrastructure for virtual events, using a variety of online platforms including, Zoom, Webex, Facebook Live, Team, and others, especially while many in person events are on hold due to COVID-19
- Creating online content and advertising for events and forums, including on Facebook and Google, to support the Congressman’s work
- Monitoring online trends, new tools, and digital opportunities for the office
- Assist with rapid response communications
- Managing U.S. House Franking approval process and rules for digital and print content
- Creating and tracking email audiences
- Monitor media and manage clips for the office
- Managing website maintenance and development
- Supporting the Communications Director on other projects
- Other assignments as they arise
- Enthusiasm about Congressman Crow’s work, connecting with constituents online, and all things digital
- Prior work on digital media for an elected leader or comparable experience
- Strong writing, interpersonal and organizational skills are a must
- Ability to self motivate, problem-solve and think creatively
- Colorado ties are a plus
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite or comparable graphic and video editing software, HTML, and/or a CRM system preferred.
THIS OFFICE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. The office is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, military status, age, marital status, or parental status.