Orange County Democrat seeks a Field Representative. The ideal candidate is proactive, highly- organized, detail-oriented, friendly, and has strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and a second language. Preference will be given to candidates who are fluent in Spanish, Farsi, Mandarin, or Korean.
The Field Representative will serve as the Congresswoman’s in-district liaison for a broad portfolio of issue areas and constituency groups. Responsibilities and expectations include, but are not limited to:
• Write, develop, and execute a strategic plan to build connections between community members and the Congresswoman
• Establish and maintain in-district stakeholder relationships
• Be knowledgeable on issue areas regarding the district and the Congresswoman’s priorities • Plan and execute in-district events, including preparing written briefs and memos
• Conduct outreach to constituents to inform and promote office services
• Write constituent correspondence relating to issue areas
• Regularly communicate with DC counterparts on issues, events, and communications
The Field Representative will be required to work some evenings and portions of weekends to accommodate community events and constituent needs. Reliable car transportation is needed to travel within the district; mileage is reimbursed.
Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Field Representative” in the subject line. This office is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.