Congresswoman Susan Wild (PA-07) seeks an experienced, creative and highly motivated communications lead to direct media and outreach efforts.
Working with the Chief of Staff, Legislative Director, and committee staff, the communications lead will manage the Congresswoman’s internal and external communications. An ideal applicant will demonstrate strong instincts, institutional knowledge, writing skills and experience pitching. An ideal applicant will have prior political communications experience.
- Managing the process of press clips
- Managing the development of press releases, speeches and op-eds;
- Organizing and staffing press events
- Drafting creative, effective social media copy that impacts constituents
- Amplifying strategic communications online with an eye toward reporters, insiders and elites
- Proactively engaging in media outreach, including pitching local, state and national press, and fielding press inquiries
The office is an equal opportunity employer; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. We strongly value the diversity of our employees. To apply, send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Communications Lead.”