The Committee on House Administration seeks an attorney to serve as Senior Elections Counsel.
- Developing, monitoring, drafting, and managing legislation;
- Planning and preparing for hearings;
- Writing and editing memos, speeches, and talking points;
- Planning legislative and oversight strategy, including oversight of the Federal Election Commission and Election Assistance Commission;
- Providing feedback to the communications team on election law and policy issues;
- Supervising and collaborating with a team of attorneys and policy staff; and
- Coalition building (both on and off the Hill).
Policy or legal experience required, Hill experience preferred (but those without Hill experience considered and encouraged to apply). Experience with election administration, campaign finance, and/or election security strongly preferred. Interested applicants should have a record of being proactive and demonstrating initiative. The position requires strong interpersonal skills, strategic thinking, sound political judgment, acumen with legislative negotiations, and the ability to work with a team as well as independently. The top candidates will have outstanding oral and written communication skills, exceptional attention to detail, and must be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment. This is a senior position.
The Committee is committed to, and benefits from, a diverse staff, and candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter as soon as possible to Resume.CHADEM@mail.house.gov, and include “Senior Elections Counsel” in the subject line.