The Office of Congressman Jared Huffman (D-CA) seeks a Press/Digital Fellow.
Qualified candidates will have strong writing, editing, and social media skills,
as well as basic familiarity with graphic design/video editing software. One to
two years of experience in a press or digital media role (including internships)
preferred. California ties are a plus!
This position requires the ability to thrive under pressure, multi-task, and
work in a team environment. Candidates must have strong written and verbal communication skills, with the desire to come up with creative communications ideas and the ability to work under tight deadlines. The fellow will work closely with the Communications Director and the legislative staff of Congressman Huffman.
● Designing graphics and editing photos/videos
● Drafting social media campaigns
● Maintaining/updating website
● Assisting with drafting speeches, press releases, op-eds, advisories, and other written materials
● Creating and maintaining press lists
● Compiling regular reports on press and social media results
Interested applicants should email a resume, writing sample, and two digital samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “(First Name) (Last Name) - Press Fellow.” This is a full-time, limited term position and offers a monthly stipend.