Rep. Katie Porter seeks a highly motivated, resourceful, and organized individual with strong interpersonal skills to serve as the Constituent Services Coordinator in the District Office. The ideal candidate will be able to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and work well in a fast-paced environment.
The Constituent Services Coordinator will work directly with constituents and federal agencies, create and implement strategic casework and outreach goals, and assist with other District Office functions as assigned.
Key Job PrioritiesServe as the Congresswoman’s in-district liaison for a limited portfolio of issue areas, while working under the leadership of the Director of Constituent Services and Outreach
● Act as the representative for the Congresswoman, which includes answering casework correspondence, meeting with constituents, and communicating with constituents both verbally and in writing
● Follow casework procedures and meet casework expectations as set by the Director of Constituent Services and Outreach
● Coordinate and handle a diverse portfolio of federal agency cases through intake, agency correspondence, constituent correspondence, and resolution
● Screen active cases and liaise with constituents to ensure their cases are handled in a responsive manner
● Organize and monitor casework data to assist the Director of Constituent Services and Outreach with reporting on casework trends and issues
● Assist the Director of Constituent Services and Outreach with establishing and promoting casework policies and procedures
● Provide constituents with referrals and references, and ensure that other offices respond to referred constituents in a timely manner
● Correspond with constituents seeking to register opinions or understand policy
● Maintain up-to-date files on all cases and office resources
● Plan and execute outreach events to serve constituents, create more casework, and interact with the community
● Work with legislative team to increase knowledge on issue area assignments and to communicate in- district developments and notable meeting developments
● Work with the Director of Constituent Services and Outreach to compile and publicize success stories and constituent testimonials
● Perform administrative and organizational tasks related to casework or outreach as assigned by the Director of Constituent Services and Outreach
The office is an equal opportunity employer; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. We strongly value the diversity of our employees. To apply please email resumesCA45@mail.house.gov with the title of position as the email subject line and include your resume, cover letter, 2 professional references, and a writing sample.