The House Pro-Choice Caucus (“Caucus”) seeks a qualified and highly talented individual to serve as the Executive Director for the Caucus.
Qualified candidates must have significant policy and communications experience, particularly regarding reproductive health. The Executive Director shall oversee operations of the Caucus including, but not limited to:
- Formal and informal briefings for the general public and Caucus members relating to areas of interest to the Caucus;
- The preparation and distribution of legislative priorities, talking points, briefing memos, digital newsletters, weekly update emails, sample press releases, and other materials and information to Caucus members;
- Supervision of any interns, fellows, or other staff that might be retained by the Caucus;
- Maintaining relationships with external partners on behalf of the Caucus;
- Managing the Caucus website, crafting content for social media channels, developing graphics and videos, covering hearings and press events, and identifying new ways to engage followers;
- Coordinating rapid response communications; and
- Convening staff-level leadership and external partner meetings.
The ideal candidate must have a strong policy background, substantial coalition building experience (3-4 years) with multiple stakeholder groups Capitol Hill, and prior political communication experience to put forward unified messaging and strategy. Additionally, candidates must demonstrate an ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in an unpredictable work environment. Strong organizational and time management skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a keen sense of humor are also mandatory.
This is not an entry-level position. Please submit a resume, cover letter, and two writing samples through this online portal. For any questions, please email PCCResumes@mail.house.gov with “PCC Executive Director” in the subject line. This Caucus is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. We strongly value the diversity of our employees and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.