Senior Midwestern Democratic Member seeks an experienced and results-driven Communications Director. Potential candidates must have strong communications, social media messaging, and writing skills. Three to five years Hill experience preferred and strong Illinois ties a plus.
- Advising the Member on press strategy;
- Promoting the legislative agenda in local and national media;
- Cultivating and maintaining relationships with both national and local reporters;
- Drafting and editing press releases in a timely manner and capable of proofreading his or her content;
- Developing and maintaining a strong digital and social media presence;
- Creating and executing an organic social media calendar;
- Pitching and writing op-eds, talking points, floor statements, newsletters, mailers, and speeches; and
- Working collaboratively with legislative and district staff.
Please submit cover letter, resume, references, and two writing samples to Illinois.Resume@mail.house.gov.