Tuesday, November 12th
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 12TH
On Tuesday, the House will meet at 2:00 p.m. for legislative business.
Votes will be postponed until 6:30 p.m.
One Minute Speeches
Legislation Considered Under Suspension of the Rules:
1) S. 252– PREEMIE Reauthorization Act, as amended (Sponsored by Sen. Lamar Alexander / Energy and Commerce Committee)
2) S. 330 – HIV Organ Policy Equity Act (Sponsored by Sen. Barbara Boxer / Energy and Commerce Committee)
3) S. 893 – Veterans’ Compensation Cost-of-Living Adjustment Act of 2013 (Sponsored by Sen. Bernard Sanders / Veterans’ Affairs Committee)
4) H.R. 2922 – To extend the authority of the Supreme Court Police to protect court officials away from the Supreme Court grounds (Sponsored by Rep. George Holding / Judiciary Committee)
5) H.Res. 196 – Supporting the Sixth Amendment to the United States Constitution, the right to counsel, as amended (Sponsored by Rep. Ted Deutch / Judiciary Committee)
6) H.R. 2871 – To amend title 28, United States Code, to modify the composition of the southern judicial district of Mississippi to improve judicial efficiency, and for other purposes (Sponsored by Rep. Howard Coble / Judiciary Committee)
Special Order Speeches
COMMITTEE ACTIVITY OF THE DAY
Rules Committee meeting on “H.R. 982, Furthering Asbestos Claims Transparency Act, and H.R. 2655, Lawsuit Abuse Reduction Act” (Tuesday, November 12th, at 5:00 p.m.)